Thursday, October 7, 2010

The Eagle Landed Safely in Madrid, Spain

Back again to Spain for my annual vacation. Here is a short note to let you know that I had a smooth flight and landed safely in Madrid at 9am, (3am in the US).

I started off in Madison around noon October 6, 2010, flew up to Minneapolis, then from Minneapolis to Atlanta, and took off from Atlanta straight to Madrid at 7pm, arriving Madrid at 9am October 7, 2010 (which is actually Atlanta´s 3am). It was a great flight though the food sucked.

As usual, no hassles at the airport, it took me less than  10 minutes to get my luggage, clear customs and passport control and got out into town. My Wisconsin Maple Syrup I brought with me did not burst in my luggage. (Yes, it seems like pancakes and syrup are so foreign to Spaniards, some of my friends asked that I bring them some. You can´t even find them in any store as its not part of the regular breakfast diet)


Resting up a bit before combing through Madrid and Toledo later today. Over the weekend I should be heading up to Zaragoza in the Aragon Region, them Valencia, Alicante, Murcia etc. Valencia and Alicante are in the Valencia region, rough equivalent of US state and Murcia is also in Murcia region, all these are on the east coast of Spain facing the sea. Some refer to it as the Spanish Riviera. I will send updates whgen I visit various monuments there.

Hasta manana!

2 comments:

  1. Ike! I was checking to see if you made it safely and you did! Have a wonderful time and I am looking forward to your posts and your adventures!

    MaryT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mary. It was a smooth ride from Atlanta to Madrid. I am taking it easy for the next couple of days before gallivanting around the country.

    ReplyDelete